In the recent years, Solarpro Holding AD develops and implements products and services related to the realization of smart buildings, the main purpose of which is to offer to its clients a completely finished solution, at a building level, leading to significant cost reductions in terms of energy savings for the whole building. Several pilot projects have already implemented where a significant reduction in energy costs are achieved by introducing the different electricity sources that provide the necessary electricity in one building, dynamic power balance management and monitoring of individual energy units. The concept can be applied at a small scale in households (Smart home) and in commercial and industrial buildings (Smart Buildings).
The implementation of the “Smart Grid” concept in building technology is expressed through the integration of the following directions:
- Installation of Photovoltaic (PV) system for self- consumption – the installation is connected directly to the internal electrical installation in the building. The generated energy provides part of the electricity consumed by the energy consumers in the building. The amount of energy coming from the PV takes place only during daytime, namely when the cost of electricity is the most expensive, thus making extra savings by modifying the load profile of the building when the single electricity prices of the market is at its highest.
Installation of an energy storage system – the advantages are expressed in the following directions:
- Reduces peak energy consumption
- Ability to provide part of the electricity at times when the market price is higher.
- Storage of excess energy from the photovoltaic system
- Provides backup power
- Ability to dynamic power balance
Installation of charging stations for electric vehicles – charging stations and electric vehicles are expected to become one of the main users in the buildings. By significantly reducing carbon footprint in CO2 urban environment, electric vehicles can also act as a mobile energy storage system whereby power and energy balance at building level is dynamically managed.
- Integration of a monitoring and energy management system. The system allows both remote monitoring of electricity generation and consumption by individual consumers as well as the dynamic energy management to be performed in the best possible way (Demand Response), including when the costs of energy are at the lowest level.